'In the Laboratory'
'Children should be seen and not heard'
This is the first story idea, using the time-period that the phrase 'Children should be seen and not heard' is often connected with, Victorians, as well as interpreting 'In the Laboratory' as in an alchemists Laboratory.
- Alchemist sat in the basement working with potions.
- Noises of two children above keep distracting him and cause him to spill a chemical and ruin his work.
- Frustrated, comes up with an idea to quieten the children by making a new potion that will turn them to stone.
- Creates new potion.
- Goes upstairs and gives the children the disguised potion.
- Alchemist carries on his work happily in the basement now the two children are silent.